Welcome

Join me on a journey into the forest where our guide cannot be seen.

But He can be heard.

Have you heard His voice?

I have.

And I suspect that if you have wanted to know His voice, you have heard Him, too. Only perhaps you have not realized what or who you were hearing.

So if there is a yearning deep in you to know something as yet unknown, join with me to explore the wilds of creation with the One who created.

I no longer maintain this blog so to start exploring the conversations, click here:

http://patkashtock.squarespace.com/conversations/

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Clothed.......In a Bathrobe?



-- Sing awhile, play awhile

move in parts

yet flood the whole with My presence.

Speak to Me all the time

and I will guide your goings and guard your comings.

You live and move encased in Me

You wear Me like a crown and

do not see that I am drawn around you

with velvet thread --a robe to keep you warm.

A cozy robe, informal, a robe for rest and comfort

and putting up your slippered feet to drink your cup of tea.

I am the tea that warms you and the chair that supports you.

I am the stool that rests your feet.

Yes, at times I am your battle dress, when war is close at hand.

And at times I am your ballroom gown as we celebrate through the night.

At other times I am your business attire and I clothe you fit to work.

But today I am your fluffy robe

and I draw you aside

to rest in My heart

and know that I love you. –

“You are all children of God through faith in Christ Jesus, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.” Galatians 3:26-28 (NIV)

I delight greatly in the LORD;
my soul rejoices in my God.
For He has clothed me with garments of salvation
and arrayed me in a robe of righteousness,
as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest,
and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.”
Isaiah 61:10

No comments: